We all know the importance of the syllabus when preparing for any exam. For competitive exams like GATE, candidates must know about the syllabus and check it thoroughly if they want to secure a good rank in the exam. GATE’s official website always publishes the syllabus of all the papers for which they are conducting the exam. There are various other websites where you can find the syllabus of any subject for GATE.
Benefits of Syllabus
- You get to know the importance of each topic.
- The PDFs emphasise all the topics in detail.
- You get to know the weightage of each topic.
- You can prepare your study routine in line with the vastness of the syllabus, and give sufficient time to topics according to your strengths and weaknesses.
GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
As mentioned earlier GATE Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering is a critical aspect of preparing for the GATE ME examination. GATE’s official website releases the GATE Mechanical Syllabus PDF 2022. Candidates can explore the syllabus anytime they want. Mechanical Engineering is among one of the most studied subjects in India. Every year, the highest number of students appearing for the GATE Exam is from the Mechanical branch. Since the number of applicants is high, it is also challenging to score good ranks. So, candidates must carefully look into the GATE Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering.
The GATE syllabus for Mechanical Engineering is divided into four sections:
- Section 1: Engineering Mathematics
- Section 2: Applied Mechanics and Design
- Section 3: Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences
- Section 4: Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering
If you thoroughly look through the syllabus, you will find details of each section in the syllabus. Also, GATE Previous Year Question Paper can help better understand the GATE exam pattern, and the subject-wise weightage of the GATE Exam Syllabus For Mechanical Engineering.
GATE Syllabus for ECE
Candidates who aspire to ace the GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering paper can check out the topics covered under GATE Syllabus For ECE. The required information about the GATE Exam Syllabus for ECE is provided below. The officials of the GATE Exam have also released the latest syllabus on the official website.
Knowing the entire GATE Exam Syllabus For ECE will help in the following ways:
- Students will be able to prepare more diligently for the GATE Exam for ECE.
- Based on the GATE Electronics And Communication Engineering Syllabus, students can improve their exam preparations by focusing more on the topics with more marks.
The GATE syllabus for ECE is divided into eight sections:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Networks, Signals and Systems
- Electronic Devices
- Analog Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Control Systems
Marking Scheme of GATE Exam
Along with the GATE Exam Syllabus, the marking scheme and exam pattern will help the candidates to prepare well.
- General Aptitude (GA) = 15 Marks
- Subject Marks = 85 Marks
- Total Marks = 100 Marks
- Total Time (in Minutes) = 180 Minutes
Exam Pattern Overview:
|Paper Code||Exam Pattern|
|For, subject codes, CE, CS, EC, AE, AG, BT, CH, ME, MN, MT, EE, IN, TF, XE, PE, ST, and PI||GA (General Aptitude) – 15|
Engineering Mathematics – 13 questions
Subject of the Paper – 72 questions
|CY, GG, EY, XL, PH, and MA||GA (General Aptitude) – 15|
Subject of the Paper – 85