Michael Oher is an American football offensive tackle who had previously played college football for the University of Mississippi. Being one of the many athletes who keep their personal and relationship life out of the public eye, he has never been romantically linked to anybody or rumored to be connected with anyone.
There’s no information out there about his girlfriend or wife: as far as we can tell, Michael is single and fully focused on his sports career. Also, he has no son or child yet.
Is Michael Oher Married?
Michael Oher isn’t married yet. He is one of those athletes who enjoy keeping his personal and relationship facts private. Possibly, he is single and is fully focused on his sports career. He has never linked with anybody and therefore people are willing to explore his wife and family details.
As of now, his marital status is unmarried therefore nobody is there in his life as a wife. Moreover, he has never talked about his relationship and dating history. Michael has an inspiring story about the journey of a common man to be a celebrated figure in the sports industry. He has made a successful journey in football and we wish Michael could find his future wife soon and initiate his conjugal life.
Michael Oher’s Family
Oher’s father’s name is Michael Jerome Williams Sr, and his mother’s name is Denise Oher. He received little care and attention from his father who was frequently in prison because of his criminal activities. His father rarely lived a good life – spending most of Michael’s childhood in and out of jail. However, his father died in prison when Michael was in high school.
His mother, Denise on the other hand, led a tragic life of drug addiction and alcoholism. Also, she was a chronic cocaine addict and an excessive consumer of alcohol. His mother is still struggling with her addiction and always tries to remain out of the spotlight as she works her way out to the path of recovery. Michael’s foster mother, Leigh Anne Tuohy is the catalyst for most of the progress in his life.
His new parents helped transform him from a nomadic lost teen into a force on the football field, which ultimately landed him in the NFL. He comes from a large family of 14 including father and mother. Michael is one of the twelve children born to his mother. Through his adopted parents, he has a sister named Collins Tuohy who is a popular actress and public speaker. Likewise, he has a brother, Sean Tuohy Jr who is the assistant to Head Coach for Arkansas Razorbacks Football team.
Michael Oher had to repeat the first and second grades. He attended almost ten schools throughout his childhood. Because of his family issues, Oher at the age of 7, was in foster care. Who would have thought that the child who is homeless would turn a big achiever in the history of the American sport? In the spring of 2009, he completed his graduate degree in criminal justice from the University of Mississippi.
Michael Oher’s Quick Fact
- Michael Oher was born as Michael Jerome Williams Jr on 28th May 1986, in Memphis, Tennessee, the USA to Michael Jerome Williams Sr (father) and Denise Oher (mother).
- As of 2019, he is 33 years old and his horoscope is Gemini.
- His foster parents are Leigh Anne (mother) and Sean Tuohy (father).
- He grew up with his siblings, Collins Tuohy, and Sean Tuohy Jr.
- He completed his graduate degree in criminal justice from the University of Mississippi in 2009.
- Michael holds an American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity.
- Micahel has an estimated net worth of around $15 million and his annual salary $2.7 million.
- He stands at a height of 6 feet 4 inches with an average weight of (143 kg).
- Michale is active on various social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.