Steve Kerr is a famous retired professional basketball player from America who is currently serving as the head coach of the Golden State Warriors. Steve is an eight-time NBA champion, winning three championships with the Chicago Bulls, two with the San Antonio Spurs as a player, and three as the head coach of the Golden State Warriors.
How much is Steve Kerr Salary and Net Worth?
Steve Kerr Salary & Net Worth: Steve has established himself as a successful player, television analyst, and a successful coach. Kerr’s net worth is estimated to be around $18 million as of 2019. His current salary as the head coach of Warriors is reported to be about $5 million. His 4-year contract worth $25 million ended recently in the year 2018 and was offered a contract extension but details are not disclosed yet.
As per some online sources, his new contract will reportedly make him one of the best paid NBA coaches. Steve bought a mansion in San Francisco, California for around $7.3 million recently in August 2018.
He paid about $1.5 million more than the asking price for the four bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathroom house. Also, he owns a house in Rancho Santa Fe, California. He owned a house in Lake Forest which he sold for $760k in the year 1999. He had purchased that house for $625k in the year 1996.
|Net Worth in 2019||$18 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||In a Review|
|Annual Salary||$5 Million|
|Source of Income As||Basketball Coach|
A Career as a Basketball Coach
- At the beginning of his professional career, Steve Kerr was selected by the Phoenix Suns in the 2nd round of the 1998 NBA draft.
- He traded to Cleveland Cavaliers in the year 1989. After that, he also played for Orlando Magic, Chicago Bulls, Portland Trail Blazers, and San Antonio Spurs.
- He won five NBA titles as a player which includes four with Chicago Bulls from (1996–1999) and one with San Antonio Spurs in the year 2003.
- Steve retired in the year 2003 from his NBA game. In the following year, he worked as a broadcast analyst for Turner Network Television.
- Currently, he is serving as the head coach for the Golden State Warriors since the year 2014. The Golden State Warriors include star players like Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson.
- He led the Warriors to the NBA title in his first season and has won around three titles with the team reaching the finals on all four occasions.
How many Rings does Steve Kerr have?
Steve Kerr has made the playoffs 11 times during his playing career. He is one of only 26 players in NBA history to win five championships, earning three rings with Chicago and two with San Antonio. A key reserve for Chicago during the team’s three-peat championship run from 1996 to 1998, he famously hit the game-winning, title-clinching shot in Game 6 of the 1997 NBA Finals.
Steve won his fourth consecutive championship in the year 1999 with the San Antonio Spurs to become one of only two non-Boston Celtics to win four-straight NBA titles (joining Frank Saul, 1951-1954). His fifth ring came in his second stint with the Spurs during his final NBA campaign in the year 2002-2003.
Steve Kerr’s Quick Facts
- Steve Kerr was born Stephen Douglas Kerr on 27th September 1965, in Beirut, Lebanon.
- As of 2019, he is 54 years old and his horoscope is Libra.
- Steve is the son of Malcolm H.Kerr (father) and Ann Zwicker Kerr (mother).
- He has four siblings, Nick Kerr, Susan Kerr, Andrew Kerr, and John Kerr.
- Steve joined Cairo American College. Later, he graduated with a Bachelors’s degree from the University of Arizona in the year 1988.
- He retired in the year 2003 from his NBA game.
- Steve has an estimated net worth of around $18 million and his annual salary is $5 million.
- He married his wife Margot Kerr on 15th September 1990.
- Steve has 3 children with his wife as a son named Nicholas Kerr and two daughters Madeleine Kerr and Matthew Kerr.
- He stands at the height of 6 feet 3 inches and his weight is around 78 kg.
- Steve is active on only his official Twitter account.